As part of the Southern Ontario Cocaine Anonymous Area Service Committee , the Archive Committee Chair (est. July 11, 2015) acts as a liaison to C.A. fellowship in Southern Ontario and assists their needs in regards to C.A.’s history in Southern Ontario and communicating these needs to the SOCA Archivist who is most familiar with the contents of the SOCA Archive repository.
Francine T. (SOCA Archive Chair – (2018-2019)(2020-2022)
Requirement: (2-year continuous sobriety required, 2-year commitment)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible to form a committee and elect (internally) a Vice-Chair.
- Has been a member of the Archives Committee for a minimum of one year.
- Basic computer knowledge and organizational skills are required.
- Duties include documenting the work of Cocaine Anonymous in Southern Ontario including making the history of the organization accessible to CA members and to provide a context for understanding CA’s progression, principles, and traditions.
- Presents a written report at quarterly Area Committee Meetings.
- Receive copies of all materials including documents, flyers and reports from Area Elected representatives.
Cameron F. (SOCA Archivist)
Requirement: a minimum of two (2) years continuous sobriety from cocaine and all mind-altering substances.
The SOCA Archivist is a Non-Rotating Position, who is solely responsible to the maintenance, preservation, and safe housing of the SOCA Area and Convention Archives.
The SOCA Archivist is responsible for documenting the work of C.A. in the Area or District making the history of the C.A. in the Area or District accessible to C.A. members provide a context for understanding C.A.’s progression, principles and traditions.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the SOCAARCHIVES.ORG website.
Past Service Work Required
- Has fulfilled the duties and term of a C.A. Area Area Service Committee Chairperson
- Participated as SOCA Archive Committee Member for a minimum term of two (2) years
- Has been a GSR for a minimum term of one (1) year.
- C.A. Member who is familiar with The Twelve Steps, Twelve Traditions and Twelve Concepts of Cocaine Anonymous.
- Requires good organizational skills, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills a must.
C.A. Area Duties & Responsibilities:
- Indefinite Term
- A Voting Member of the SOCA Archive Committee
- Attend all SOCA Archive Committee meetings
- Upholds The 12 Traditions And 12 Concepts.
- Updating the socaconvention.org website
- Updating the cacanada.org website
- Mentor an Assistant Archivist, training them in all the duties of the SOCA Archivist